Friday 28 December 2007

Merry Christmas!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Mine was lovely, just the two of us with some visiting and visitors in between - quiet, relaxing and centered around around the Quality Street tin - just as it should be.

I was spoilt rotten, too - among the fantastic gifts I received was a brand new digital camera - a Canon Powershot G9, which I'm absolutely made up with. Thanks, Santa! **Mwah!**

Of course, cross stitch has featured large this Christmas, what with it being my latest obsession and everything. I hate to think how many hours I've dedicated to it so far, but lovely J doesn't seem to mind too much... he's been engrossed in his Wii!

I finished the robot cross stitch patterns that I had mentioned in my last entry. They're lovely and very sweet, and make me smile every time I see them. I haven't washed, pressed or mounted them yet, but here's a picture of them in their raw state...



Obviously, as soon as I had finished the robots I needed another project, so I downloaded PC Stitch Pro (trial version) and had a play with one of my photographs. Lovely J then secretly paid to activate it so I could save my masterpiece. [Lovely J is lovely and awesome and he's mine - so hands off, ladies! :o) ]

So, this is it - my first original masterpiece. It's a bit of a beast but it will look fantastic (touch wood). Here it is so far...

Not much to see yet, I admit - but you'll have to wait until I finish it for the grand unveiling!

I'm so pleased with it that I'm toying with the idea of selling the pattern on ebay or etsy or somewhere - we'll see.

I'm also working on the next pattern.... but it's a secret ;0)

That's it then, I'm off to do some more of the stitching.

A Happy New Year from Lush

No comments: