Friday 21 December 2007

The Next New Thing

Yesterday at work, somebody innocently mentioned two little words which have sent me into complete turmoil... "Cross Stitch"...

I hadn't done any cross stitch since my student days, but suddenly I found myself obsessing over online cross stitch patterns and craft sites during my lunch break. There's a lot of dull and yawn-y cross stitch out there, but there are also many patterns that I would love to have a go at, and I found several sited which inspired me to have a go at designing my own patterns.

Now, I haven't designed any original patterns yet (it's only been one day, after all), but I did stop at Inkspot on my way home where I accidentally bought some 14 count Aida and a fistful of floss, to make this....


I finished it after work this evening. I think it's fantastic! It's one of three free robot patterns I downloaded from http://www.kawachi.zaq.ne.jp/chikachika/freechart-top.htm - these are fantastic patterns, and I'm soo impressed with them that I'm going to go away now and email the clever lady to tell her that they're fantastic, and that she should be asking money for them.

I'm going to make the other two over Christmas, I'll post another pic when they're done and prettily framed.

I also accidentally bought a Betty Boop cross stitch pattern from ebay (it's a fantastic, fun but not sugary pattern - I can't wait to get it!), and I'm investigating different pattern designing software as I type. I have some biiiig ideas here..... let's see how much I can get done before I get distracted by the next exciting thing....

No comments: