Saturday 29 March 2008

Time for a break...

All the house-stuff has been taking my precious "making-stuff" time over the past few weeks. I've done next to nothing on my Kewpie cross stitch...


I really must crack on and try to finish her - I've spent too much time and effort to risk letting her become an unfinished piece gathring dust in the back of a cupboard. (I have many of those, there are two one in particular that I keep being reminded of with a twinge of guilt... I might blog about them another time.)

Before the living room disaster last weekend I had tried to make a start on a little mini-project, with the intention that if it turned out ok I might make some more to put on Etsy. Unfortunately my sewing machine kept chewing up the fabric (the dust created by all the DIY-ing must have gotten in there - I need to give it a good clean, oiling and general overhaul, I reckon), so I resorted to some hand stitching. I only managed a couple of inches before I was called away to home-imprevement related duties. This is it so far:


Fantasic, eh? My one and only task this weekend is to complete this mini project. I won't be able to today, though - because we're off to Devon, nor tonight because my parents are visiting in Cardiff this weekend, and I hope to see them tonight. I'm sure I'll manage a couple of hours with needle and thread on Sunday, though. Touch wood.

Exciting news!! I sold a pattern on Etsy! It's my first Etsy sale, and I'm thrilled! I'm desperately keen to have some other things in my Etsy shop though - perhaps some new patterns, but I definitely want some "stuff" up there too.

A little bit of tastiness to finish off - a jar of salt butter caramel sauce my parents brought over from Britanny. Yum! It has to be eaten before this September - sounds like a silly challenge to me. (And look how pretty the jar is, too!)



2 comments:

Brook said...

I love Kewpie dolls. My aunt gave me one and it just stares at me while i sleep in my bed... so creepy.... but i love its little curl, SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF ITS FOREHEAD!!!

Friendly Flamingo said...

I know! I just love my little Kewpie, too... and she's proven to be fantastically photogenic and a very versatile little model :o)